P&G CEO Robert McDonald’s ten principles that make up the values-based leadership model he says influences him most:
1. Living a life driven by purpose is more meaningful and rewarding than meandering through life without direction.
2. Companies must do well to do good and must do good to do well.
3. Everyone wants to succeed, and success is contagious.
4. Putting people in the right jobs is one of the most important jobs of the leader.
5. Character is the most important trait of a leader.
6. Diverse groups of people are more innovative than homogenous groups.
7. Ineffective systems and cultures are bigger barriers to achievement than the talents of people.
8. There will be some people in the organization who will not make it on the journey.
9. Organizations must renew themselves.
10. The true test of leaders is the performance of the organization when they are absent or after they depart.
Numbers 6 and 7 I find particularly relevant, what do you think?
Worth giving the rest of this McKinsey article a quick read for an overview of how P&G are digitising all aspects of their business. It makes for a useful checklist or at least affirmation of how your own business or area thereof is faring on this front.